Saturday 10 December 2016

North East Quiz Nights - Lambton Worm (Wetherspoons), Sunderland

 
 
Venue: The Lambton Worm (Wetherspoons), Sunderland
Time/Date: Sundays from 7pm
 
 
I have never been to a good pub quiz in a Wetherspoons pub but this perhaps the closest I have come. The Lambton Worm is located in Sunderland City Centre and like all Wetherspoons is always busy. I initially went down for this quiz many weeks ago, and seeing no one in the designated area decided to sample the real ales instead. I returned the next week and low and behold the area was empty again apart from one team, but it appeared that the quizmaster was setting up.
 
 
We joined and it turned into a two team quiz.....picture round, 60 questions, 2 jackpots....over in 38 minutes!!!
 
 
Good points - The easiest £50 I have ever won in quiz, some decent questions and meant I still had time to walk up the road to another quiz
 
 
Bad points - Rushed, uninterested quizmaster and no answers given out.
 
 
 
I find it hard to judge this quiz as part of me liked the fact that they just rattled through the quiz, making me think on the spot but even though £50 was won (as well as two £5 bar vouchers) and there were some good questions. But they had clearly bought them in/printed them off and the barman who had the task of doing the quiz seemed to be in a rush. But not giving the answers out and only giving the scores is a tad unforgivable!
 
 
Maybe with more teams, they will spend more time on it but as I said above, I have never been to a well attended/good quiz in a Wetherspoons and don't expect to anytime soon!


Current North East Quiz Nights Rankings -
  
 
1. The Plough, Cramlington - Wednesdays
2. Fitzgeralds, Sunderland - Thursdays
3. The Willow Farm, Cramlington - Tuesdays
4. The Lambton Worm, Sunderland - Sundays


No comments:

Post a Comment