Friday 2 January 2015

Quizzing in 2015

Another year and another chance to make some resolutions I guess. In terms of quizzing my main aim this year is to get back into the GP circuit. After a year of attending nearly every event in 2013 I had 12 months away in 2014 for one reason or another but hopefully, I will be up and running again at Quiz Grand Prix's in the very near future.

The Sunderland Quiz League continues to go well and I am hoping that my impending driving test will eliminate the absences I have occurred during this season.

Since moving to South Shields I have struggled to find a decent set of pub quizzes around the area so my first major ambition in 2015 is to find one! Although this will be easier said than done.

I also aim to get back on TV at some point and although I am putting applying for mastermind off this year I do hope some of my applications for shows such as Two Tribes and the like pan out.

Other than that its a case of keep on learning and building up my weak areas!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plans for The Quiz Addict Blog in 2015 remain unchanged although there have been a few changes on the setting front. The blog itself will remain at this location and won't be moving anywhere anytime soon. Its been going some time now and will continue to go from strength to strength I hope and attract new readers going into the new year. The success of the blog actually helped me in landing a few question writing jobs this year which brings me on to my next point.

I am taking the question writing a lot more serious in 2015. I have been writing for quiz leagues, pub quizzes, releasing the ebooks and working with various apps in the past 12 months but I am putting together plans to take this forward into 2015 on a much bigger scale. Putting the effort into blogging and especially growing the Twitter feed (@quizaddictblog) has helped me in this respect and I hope to advance this.

You may see two new links have appeared in the bar to the side.....One is to my Youtube channel, which is brand new and depending on when you read this may only have a small number of videos on it. I have thought about this for some time and have enjoyed the process of making the videos. I know they are far from perfect presentation wise but I am still learning how best to produce this so you should see the "fanciness" of the presentation start to increase.

The other link is to the thequizaddict.com....I wont explain the site too much but have a look for yourself.

As always feedback is welcome.



Anyway.....I wish you all a prosperous new year and I look forward to sharing my views with you throughout 2015!

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year Dan and the best of luck with all your ventures.

    ReplyDelete