Tuesday 6 January 2015

Brutal Brain of Britain

I was a little late I  hearing the latest episode of Brain of Britain this week, but after tuning in this afternoon, it has to be one of the strangest episodes I have heard. Not only did we have a winning score of 7 with a three way tie, but in the time I have been listening to the show I don't remember such a brutal set of questions. Did anyone else hear the show? What were your thoughts? The contestants themselves did extremely well to cope with such a brutal set.

P.s. I don't remember a 3-way tie in my years listening to show, was this a first?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan,

    I'm not sure that I would go so far as to describe this show as brutal. I do think that the 'easy' questions on this show weren't actually that easy, more along the lines of quiz chestnuts which people who play regularly at a certain level will usually get. There were very few guaranteed points on this show.

    Now, if that's a conscious decision by the team who make the show, and if this level of question is kept up in all the shows, then fair enough. It is an elite quiz show after all. What would be more worrying would be if this was just a one off. If, for the sake of argument, the compilers genuinely think that the sets of questions asked on this show were of a broadly similar level to those in the last few years - because they quite clearly weren't. Now that would be a worry, and only time will tell if that's right or not.

    ReplyDelete