Monday 11 August 2014

Week in Quizzing

Unfortunately I have been rather ill this week forcing me to miss The Quiz in the North in Rochdale which I was supposed to attend. Coupled with the fact my partner is in her second week in hospital and there has not been a great deal of quizzing to report at all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By all accounts the Quiz in the North was a terrific event and I hope to see a follow up. I will keep you posted with any details I receive on the issue. It is great to see a well attended event (won by none other than Kevin Ashman) taking place in the North, an area much rejected by the British Quizzing Association events. To be fair the BQA have started to put on satellite events on Edinburgh but nevertheless a series of regular northern quizzes would be most welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best and the worst of TV quizzing this week. The 21st Question made its ITV Debut and is perhaps one of the worst/least exciting quiz shows I have ever sat through. On the other hand Mastermind returned and although it is a 2 week break until it returns, its great to have it back! (See relevant blog posts).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had very little time for revision this week but I have been reading through this excellent work. I may have mentioned it before but Dominic Sandbrooks history tomes are always worth reading. This one especially....fact heavy and a great overview of the period.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment