Friday 15 August 2014

This Week I Didn't Know...

No league game this week, as I was on setting duties but again the local pub quiz threw up a few surprises and the picture round (which always costs us in this particularly quiz due to the fact its 35% of the quiz itself) again proved a stumbling block....

Picture Questions

1.











Rather annoyed with this one as it is a face I knew but simply couldn't place the face. I think most teams seemed to get it so this was probably a costly point to loose.

2.













Massive miss here. This was picture number 1 and I simply didn't look at it properly and hence put the wrong answer down. So many mistakes I have made by doing a quick whiz through getting the "easy ones" and failing to check them.

3.










Didn't really get close with this one.


4.











Knew who she was. Knew the big story she was involved in at a certain awards ceremony recently but the name just wouldn't come.


Answers:

1. Mary Kate  Olsen (Would Olsen have been accepted I wonder?)
2. Marlene Dietrich
3. Lord
4. Idina Menzel



Questions

1. Which comedian starred in the 1996 movie "Flipper"?

Usually when it comes to 1990s movies I can work it out but, despite having seen Flipper, the word "comedian" really put me off in this question and although the correct answer was mentioned on the table, it was dismissed (by me!)

2. How many questions does a player need to answer to earn £1 million on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"?

I assume you can be the problem here? After some discussion we decided to go with the "classic" answer of 15. Having no idea when the question was wrote and the quizmaster being little help. The answer given was 12...obviously reflecting the newer versions. I think every team went for 15.

3. What is the name of the milky sap of the rubber tree?

On reflection this was a bad miss. Was spending a lot of a time on a football list question so never gave this question the thought it deserved otherwise I may have come to the answer.


Answers: 

1. Paul Hogan
2. Questionable!
3. Latex

2 comments:

  1. Interesting re. picture 1. What happens if there are a pair of identical twins and you put the other twin's name down as the answer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Peter Carrington - Foreign Secretary under Mrs Thatcher

    ReplyDelete