Saturday 19 April 2014

Quiz shows you would like to see again...

With classic Fifteen to One and Only Connect both being given the repeats treatment by Challenge and Dave....which other shows would you like to see re-broadcast?

I was rather disappointed when the BBC suddenly cancelled the runs of Classic Mastermind it was showing in the mid afternoon week day spot. From what I remember they took it off in the middle of a series too. Without seeing the ratings I can only imagine this was the case. I hope it returns in some form, and perhaps not just the rebooted version either!

Fifteen to One repeats would always have been top of my list, but I would love to be able to see Are You An Egghead? all over again. The first twice round I didn't know, or know of, many of the contestants so seeing the full run through again would be fun......and the fact I missed a lot of it first time round.

It would also be nice to see the BBC repeat Brain of Britain on the Radio 4 Extra channel. The station is pretty much, as far as I gather, 100% repeats any way so why not shove a few episode of the quiz on!

Any other shows you would like to get the repeat treatment?

2 comments:

  1. Were any of the British versions of Jeopardy! worth showing again? I think that a new version of it would be quite popular if they did it like the early Trebek years, before they tried messing with a lot of what made the show great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would bring back the second incarnation of ITV's The People Versus (2001 - 2002, presented by Kaye Adams). It didn't last very long, but it was really good. They repeated it on Challenge a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. It's all on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete