Tuesday 5 November 2013

Most Useful Reference Books 2013 #8

Most Useful Reference Books 2013 #8

8 - World Almanac 2013


Continuing with the series of Reference works which I have found most useful in Quizzing terms this year and I come to a book I was given for Xmas from my Sister. It was a surprise present and it was a book I hadn't really considered buying before, but now I expect I am going to be getting it annually! I have posted links above to the 2014 version which is of course the latest in the series but it has been the 2013 version I have been using this year.

Indeed, for the first 4-5 months of the year this hardback tome rarely left my desk. The first 100-200 pages or so were a lot of in depth results of the US Election but other than that everything else has been extremely useful. Covering events from the previous 12 months is just the tip of the iceberg as this book serves as a great reference guide to all major quizzing topics. In some places it is better than the standard bearers of the genre as it tends to be a little more concise (which is often better) when it comes to certain areas.

Its well indexed, easy to pick up and find information and well presented and has been one of my favourite books of the year. I assume the 2014 version will keep up the same quality and could not recommend it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment