Wednesday 13 November 2013

Most Useful Reference Books 2013 #6

Most Useful Reference Books 2013 #6

6 -  Oxford Companion to English Literature



I went to town big style on Literature this year and picked up a wide range of books on the subject. It was however perhaps the Oxford Companion to English Literature that proved most helpful quiz wise. It is worth raising the issue here that it all depends on the way you learn! I like Encyclopaedia style books such as this and find it easier to learn from them.

This covers everything including authors, characters, key works, literary terms and has proved a gold mine of information for both setting and answering. My new copy is now battered due to the amount of time this title has been used this year and I can attribute a lot of my gains in literature knowledge to this!



No comments:

Post a Comment