Thursday 6 December 2012

Quiz Machine Earnings of £60,000!

Not sure what I make of this article. HERE

First off, if this is genuine then all credit to the guy. Not only must he have superb knowledge but he must be a lucky individual indeed (as well all know the "stopper" questions are purely guess work). He is a former University Challenge captain apparently but I cannot help

- The Colour of Money game he mentions as his favourite, is my usual game of choice. However it is so unbelievably rigged it would be impossible to make this kind of money from it you would have thought. As soon as you win on it once they litter the final game with stoppers (such as What was Wigans average attendance in the season 2005/2006? A. 34,001 B. 34,0002 etc etc). To memorise the stoppers, considering the sheer amount of questions that must be within the game, would take a heck of a lot of initial investment.

- Interesting that he mentions about dates and numbers....must try that one!

- I don't quite know what he means by Tip 4 though.

I am not 100% sure I believe this. I know under the old system quiz machines were a source of great income for all but winning £60,000 a year by playing Colour of Money on a modern machine...I have my doubts

1 comment:

  1. I tend to agree with you that I treat this with a little pinch of salt, Dan. Back in the early - mid 80s it was certainly possible to make a small packet playing the machines. The memories of these machines were so small that it didn't take that much of a time investment to be able to learn enough answers to be virtually guaranteed to win every time you played.

    Not like it is now. I admit - I don't play quiz machines now ( well, not on my own behalf , anyway ) so I don't know if you really WOULD be able to start picking up enough knowledge about the question sets used to start winning more money than you lose. What I do know is that the question sets are designed so that the house will always win ( I know - I've written a set ot two ) - and these machines have access to huge banks of questions as well.

    The four pieces of advice quoted, well they are very simplistic, and frankly I doubt that they would work. Do machines REALLY put the correct date as the first option for the majority of the time. Frankly I doubt it.

    Still, the fact is that the human brain is a remarkable, phenomenal thing. So while the rational part of my brain says - no, it's either hugely exaggerated, or even fabricated, , the fact is that I have to admit that it might, somehow, be possible. I don't know how, though.

    ReplyDelete