Tuesday 13 November 2012

Top 10 Most Useful Reference Works 2012 - #7 Guinness Book of Knowledge

The next entry on my list of the reference works that have been most useful to me in my quizzing this year, I move onto a work that has been around a while but that I have only began to use this year. The Guinness Book of Knowledge.
7





The Guinness Book of Knowledge is a treasure trove of facts, information and goodies that will aid any quizzer. I picked it up from next to nothing from the Amazon Marketplace and it certainly has been one of my most used titles this year.

The work contains a range of quizzing subjects in Hardback title. Everything is in full colour with plenty of photographs, diagrams and illustrations to supplement the information contained. Every major quizzing field is covered and in some depth as well. The book is not merely lists of information but takes time to explain and describe. Although there are plenty of lists and tables too!

I think the variety of the way information is presented in this book makes it fun to use, easy to learn from and memorable. It certainly has contained a wide range of information that I have learnt a great deal from, and a lot of unique information that is not found in other books!

Well worth a look especially considering the price you can get it for from Amazon Marketplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment