Saturday 17 November 2012

Top 10 Most Useful Reference Books 2012 - #4 Pears Cyclopaedia

Next on my list of the Top 10 Most Useful Reference Books for me this year is the two version of an annual treasure trove of facts I have started to amass....Pears Cyclopaedia


4





I have included both here but of course the 2011-2012 version is the one I have got most use out of this year purely for the reason that it has been available for the longest. I have amassed a fair few version of these titles and they have been very very helpful to my learning and revision.

Again, like a lot of reference books, these books are hard to summarise. Basically in Pears, you get information on all major quizzing areas from World History to in depth features on Classical Music to Popular Culture. Its not merely lists but Pears adds that extra little bit of information that will help you remember key information.

What I also like about this series is the fact that each year, although some parts of the book remain the same bar the the update for events in that year, they include exclusive and expanded sections so no two versions are ever the same and it is always worth upgrading to the latest version.

Another essential reference work for your shelf and certainly one that has helped me a lot this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment