Thursday 15 November 2012

Only Connect Quarter Final 4 - Preview

Only Connect Quarter Final 4 - Preview


Wintonians vs Wordsmiths

After a break last week for the Only Connect Children in Need Special, we return this coming Monday to the last of the Quarter Finals with the Wordsmiths taking on the Wintonians.

The Wintonians gave a commanding performance in the first round and will be tough to beat. Scoring a massive 34 points gave them victory over the Quitters. They seemed strong in every round making them formidable opponents for anyone in this format. 

I must confess a little bias here as I have quizzed with members of the Wordsmiths on previous occasions. Indeed Brian organised the World Quiz Championships venue at Edinburgh, I played with Chris and Dave in the Brunton Shield event and also they play in the league in which I have started to play. I do not have any idea on the result of this but will have my fingers crossed for the Wordsmiths!

Too close to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment