Monday 1 October 2012

Book Suggestions

A few books I have been getting stuck into lately certainly deserve a little mention on here.

I will start with one I have mentioned before and that I am almost finished working my way through. Jeff Evans TV Companion is treasure trove of information on the small screen. Its probably the number 1 reference title in the field, certainly for British TV. And I really have found it so useful with bags of information about all the TV shows you likely to face in a quiz of any sort!




Next is  quiz book I have been focusing on this week and one which I have just about finished. Bamber Gascoignes Challenging Quiz Book is exactly what it says on the tin...challenging. But in a good way! The questions are all top quality and tough, answers are to some extent explained and there is so much to be learned here it is an essential quiz book on any quiz lovers shelf.











And finally one last book I have had my head in for the past few weeks. Its simply called Art, published by Parragon, and is a stunning book with fantastic images, nice large hardback book and well worth the money. Covers all kinds and eras of art in great detail and plenty to learn visually and within the text.






And I will also sneak this one in. You may have read  mention of Brian Pendreigh on a few previous occasions....The WQC in Scotland, Brunton Shield etc. A very keen quizzer indeed with many TV appearances. Anyway, Brian has published a  book of short stories after publishing a novel earlier in the year. Its a Kindle edition and his work has had some very good write ups so this may well be worth a look for any fans of fiction!





No comments:

Post a Comment