Friday 28 September 2012

Thursday Quizzing - Being a Team Player

I was joined by my parents for a quiz last night. This week has been my Mams (for those of you not in the north-east that means my mother :)) 50th Birthday and she and my Dad joined us making it the first time in quite a while I had a larger team that just me and my other half. 

I have mentioned this before but when me and my other half are quizzing I am a completely different player than when in a larger team. As my other half is not that keen on quizzing I am very much in "control of the pen" when it is just us. I always go with my gut, rarely chance an answer and am quite decisive. 

Put me in a team though and I am a completely different player....

I found myself last night changing answers (which of course involved changing the right answer to a wrong one), doubting my knowledge, hesitant to put things down and allowing myself to be talked out of right answers. In some ways I prefer having a team as I enjoy discussing the answers and questions (and can also show off!!!) but it makes me a far worse player having a team around me! That is not meant in any disrespect to my team mates as everyone of them gave great answers and got points I wouldn't have been able to!


Either way it is also good to see The Fitzgerald's quiz is back to its best with good teams, close scores and a good atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment