Monday 27 August 2012

Quizzing Ambitions

Well it appears as if my round of applications to appear on TV for this year has been and gone. With only the odd long standing application in the pipeline it looks like I will have to wait. The one disappointing rejection was Mastermind as I felt the audition had went well. This has got me thinking about my Quizzing ambitions for the coming few months.

My main ambition as I have said was to appear on a TV quiz in 2012 but that does not look like happening now. Mastermind was my main hope, Brain of Britain did not bet back in touch and I assume they have already began recording, nothing came from a wave of BBC shows and I could not get a team interested in Only Connect. Mastermind, Only Connect and Brain of Britain remain the big three goals for me in terms of TV but a new contender has arrived...

Cleverdicks is a show I have been enjoying and found myself doing well on. On the whole it tests a slightly different kind of knowledge than other shows and I think it suits me more. I have often found myself outscoring winners and contestants on the show, obviously the pressure of being in the studio would make a difference, but I feel its a show I would enjoy to be part of and have a good chance at doing well on! So that is now added to the list...The Chase would also be nice. I just hope they do a new series of Cleverdicks!

Also out of nowhere I have an application form ready for Eggheads after getting a team together so that has sprang up to be a possibility.

On the plus side, the rejections and lack of response has given me more motivation to succeed next year and also it means next year I will be better prepared. This years ambition for Mastermind for instance would have been to not embarras myself, whereas when I finally get on I might be in a position to contend for a first round win!

On a side note, I quite fancy applying for Don't Blow The Inheritance show with a parent of mine. Not for the quizzing aspect or challenge but because I think it would be a really fun show to do as would Pointless.

3 comments:

  1. It's almost as though you need to give a sob story in order to get on a quiz show these days. I've attempted The Chase twice and Millionaire twice, but never heard back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a sob story was needed for the new Millionaire. Gone are the days that will ever be open to anyone on the phone again sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up , Daniel. Persistence will bring its reward.

    ReplyDelete