Wednesday 29 August 2012

Book Suggestions

A few books I want to mention this week in terms of reference books to expand on quizzing knowledge and revise it. I will also include a few favourites at the bottom for new readers.

One book I have been spending time with lately since picking it up on Amazon Marketplace for pennies, is the Hardback Penguin Encyclopaedia. This is a treasure trove of goodies with good detailed entries, plenty of illustrations and factoids and generally a great book for any quizzers shelve. On Amazon I got a mint condition hardback book for around £1.75 include postage but it looks like it is going even cheaper!




And one quiz book I may have mentioned before but that is well worth looking at is the Wordsworth quiz book. Good all round questions in a wide range of formats.





Of course the quizzers bible for many and one of the most well rounded reference books on the market is the one I would urge above all others (in response to a few emails I have had this week) -





And a book I have had more use out of and that has come in more handy than most is the Pears Quiz Companion



No comments:

Post a Comment