Sunday 8 July 2012

Pub Quiz Machine Guide: Piggy Bank Quiz


I have in the past reviewed a few games you are likely to find on the average pub quiz machine. Based on my traffic reports there seems to be a lot of people googling the term "Pub Quiz Machine".....more than likely looking for answers rather than opinions....but it has reminded me of the series.

I still play the machines regularly. If I go to the local Wetherspoons for Breakfast a few 50p's end up in the machine, at the start of a night out there is quizzing done and generally if there is a quiz machine in a pub I am in, I am too tempted to play!

Piggy Bank Quiz is the latest game to appear on local machines. But before I mention it I have a theory...


I am convinced that games that appear on quiz machines with "new" on them are in some way made easier at first and allow bigger wins than later in their life. I can see why this might be done....you win on a new game, the next time you play the machine which game will you play? You mention it to people in the pub and they play. I may be wrong but several times over this has happened where I have won relatively big on a new game in the first few goes on easy questions and then struggled weeks later.

Piggy Bank Quiz is as simple as they come. You answer multiple choice questions to rack up the total. Each answer in the first round is worth 10p but you must get all ten correct to get the £1 prize. This tends to be an easy £1 to rack up to be fair with very simple questions and only one stopper towards the end of the round but with two Try Agains and a Pass to play with you can navigate this. Round two is worth 20p a questions with 5 questions and so on all the way to £10.

One positive side of this game is that rather than the harder questions all being "stoppers" (questions no one would know and where the answer is so obscure its guesswork all the time) they are just Mastermind Level GK questions. It means you can think about them rather than have to guess at random meaningless answers.

I found the questions refreshing and entertaining on this particular pub quiz machine game and whilst it still has all the complaints and problems of any game on one of these machines, its well worth a look for enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment