Wednesday 2 May 2012

World Quizzing Championships

I have been meaning to attend a British Quiz Association GP (http://www.quizzing.co.uk) for some time but it always tends to be that something gets in the way. First of all living in Sunderland means I am fairly out of the way of a lot of the main events I do not drive either and working Monday-Friday means usually expensive train fares are the only way to get there. Also with the recent move etc I have been a little bit pre-occupied!

However, the main event on the whole GP circuit Calendar is the World Quizzing Championships which take place in venues all over the world. Usually the even seems to centre on Lichfield which is quite far away from me but this year it seems a venue in Edinburgh has been added. I will certainly be doing everything to attend, even if it means not leaving the house for a month to get the funds together!

Will anyone else be travelling to the Edinburgh venue for this? All information can be found on http://www.quizzing.co.uk (check the forums).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel,

    I'm Ewan from the Voodoo Rooms, the Scottish venue for the 2012 WQC. You'll certainly be made very welcome if you travel to Edinburgh for the event. I look forward to meeting you on 2nd June :-)

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete