Tuesday 15 May 2012

New blockbusters.....Views


Episode one of the All-New Blockbusters on Challenge TV aired last night and I thought writing this post would be easy but I find that I have very little opinion on the show. I am not sure what I was expecting to be fair but the fact the show has not changed at all makes it hard to form an opinion.

Simon Mayo is on hosting duties and although he did not do a bad job, he did really add anything to the show and he has big boots to fill. The only major difference this time round is that the contestants are adults not merely restricted to students. This does not really change the game much though.

The questions are a mixed bag as with the old series but there were a dozen or so really decent ones in there that will keep me watching. The Gold Run has not changed and remains entertaining and Blockbusters in general is still Blockbusters.

All credit to Challenge for trying to bring back a game-show classic back, but I cannot see Blockbusters being much of a hit for them. It will always get a curiosity viewing for old fans and quiz show buffs, but in the fast paced world of todays TV Blockbusters needed to be reinvented and Challenge have failed to do that.

I do hope it does well and makes it to a second series so I can apply again :) but they could have done so much more with it.

2 comments:

  1. You can play online here - http://www.challenge.co.uk/games/play-blockbusters.html

    ReplyDelete