Tuesday 3 January 2012

TV Quiz Update - Tuesday January 3rd 2012

I am a bit pushed for time tonight so a quick double update on two of the quiz shows I have been following….

Perfection continued tonight with the second show in the new BBC series.  I really enjoyed this when watching it yesterday and Perfection is certainly turning into something I really do not want to miss. The question setting, despite it being a true or false quiz, is clever and I definitely have learnt a thing or two each episode…..it even has you doubting your own knowledge.

There was a winner this episode with a woman not too distant from where I live from Sherburn taking the money, splitting it. Aubrey and Jessica on Perfection are continuing to avoid helping anyone and seem determined to stick it out and make sure they get their time to shine….whether they seriously want to win money or just want to play the game on their own I have no idea but I do not see them getting out of the chair until their name comes up.

Either way BBC Two’s Perfection really is entertaining, enjoyable and well worth watching and a show I definitely want to apply to be on.


Celebrity Mastermind continued tonight also and when I saw Jessica Hynes listed I did not realise it was Jessica Stevenson, one of my favourite actresses who sadly failed to make the grade with a poor set on Pam Ayres, who she seemed to know very little about when not reading out of a book and using the trick of talking during her Mastermind General Knowledge round to hide the fact she knew very little. Still, its all in the name of charity.

Michael Roux Jr froze in both rounds, the pressure of the Mastermind chair again being all too much. Even celebrities, used to cameras and audiences can crumble badly in the chair and here was a classic example. Jon Sopel was more clam but couldnt muster the win....

Victory instead went to Neil Hannon who answered cool and calm questions on Fraiser, 4 of which I was able to guess despite seeing the show only once, and taking an easy general knowledge round with confidence. 

Another enjoyable episode of  Celebrity Mastermind and the series continues tomorrow until Sunday on BBC One!

No comments:

Post a Comment