Thursday 15 December 2011

The most frustrating mistake and the curse of Himmler!

A very odd title there to my post today....

Anyway, last night I re tried a quiz I had had a bad experience with a few weeks ago at the Black Bull in Peterlee. Its a Redtooth quiz and I know some people are not too keen on them but the main issue I had previously was the open cheating. Either way I am happy to say last nights was much better!

It was a close run quiz, we had played a good hand with each team member (this time the Fullard family team!) brining something to the table. We made a good start on the pictures, had some current affairs questions we all knew bar one and had two nice "list questions" followed by a strong round in the Trivia Trail. We played a bit too cautious on the Wipeout Round but with a solid score we thought we had a good sheet.

Then came MY mistake.....

One of the pictures was of a "famous" Nazi. Without even thinking I put Rommel, something in my mind tweaked. But as the quiz went on I doubted myself and at the last second changed it to Himmler.......every quizzer will know what happened next. Of course it was Rommel! We were second in the quiz by one point..............bad times!

The classic mistake I am sure most quizzers have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment