Wednesday 3 August 2011

Tuesday Night Quizzing...................Pints make points???

As always last night we headed down to the Southside Social Club in Easington Village for the weekly quiz which is quickly turning into my favourite of the week. Just 60 questions of general knowledge delivered straight. An 8 team turnout was a good showing with some big team sizes and of course attendance hit by it being peak holiday season, as was the case of the quiz master who had a stand in this week. All in all another excellent week of questions with a slow start from us picking up marginally towards the end and narrowly missing out on a prize (all be it 4 pint cheques).

The stand in quizmaster even gave us a shout out "The young couple at the back, first time in" and we are starting  to meet the same faces over and over again which is a plus. The battle in the end was between the two usual teams with a good tiebreak to settle second. A fun night all round as usual with plenty of information soaked up!

---------------

On a second note I have started to notice something in my quiz playing that is probably obvious....better performance comes if no booze is involved. i am not a big drinker by any means but I do enjoy the odd pint or two at a quiz. Obviously since my quiz playing has picked up I have had to tone this down otherwise my health would suffer so the last few quizzes I have attended I have stuck to soft drinks and by gosh it seems to have made my recall much better. It may be just luck but I have seemed to have enjoyed the quizzes more without drinking, plus its a heck of a lot cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment