Sunday 24 July 2011

TV Review - In It To Win It - Saturday 23rd July


One of the quiz shows which I tend to catch on a Saturday Night, if I am in, is the latest Lottery show whichever that may be. At the moment we have Dale Winton's In It To Win It, which is perhaps one of the longest running Lottery shows (I will have to look that up!).

I am sure most people reading this have caught the show before so I wont explain how it works but new for this series I believe is the ability to play along at home via the red button (no prizes, just a score at the end).

Anyway, last nights show was the usual fare with quite a low total being earned at £30,000. I thought the questions were very easy last night and had a few more decent quizzers been on the line up the total would have been much higher.

Bringing me to my main point, as with most prime time quiz shows these days, In It To Win It obviously does not want knowledgeable players in the line up. That is no disrespect to anyone who has been on the show but given the standard of questions last night I firmly believe a decent quizzer could have sat through the entire show, provided they got the luck of getting into the winners row, and answered every question right. Having only 3 multiple choices plus a basic set of questions would play right into the hands of experience quizzers to be able to win big money.

But of course the producers want better television and in this case they got what they wanted with not much prize money actually given away, plenty of Red Zone Action and every contestant with a chance at Winners Row.

Personally even though this is a good source of light entertainment for a Saturday Night I would love to see a version in this format with decent questions, no choices and good quiz players. The Format is good, but the execution could be way better!

No comments:

Post a Comment